It's official (I looked it up in several dictionaries) - the official term for a group of cats is a clowder. I would like to respectfully disagree. I think a better term would be cuddle. A cuddle of cats fits my years of catty experience far more than clowder - a word I imagine only Jeopardy champions ever have on the tip of their tongue. Take a gander at my cuddle of cats and see if you don't agree that clowder doesn't describe what you see nearly so much as cuddle.
I've learned a lot from my cuddle of cats. Lesson #1 is that it's okay to find and enjoy your place in the sun. It's a blessing and we are meant to delight in our blessings. It's what thankfulness is all about. Lesson #2 is that blessings are even better shared. Even, ahem, if you share them with a dog ;).
"We are meant to enjoy our blessings. It's what thankfulness is all about." These pictures make me feel about as warm on the inside as the critters must feel on the outside. And I think its because of the reminder---to be present in every sweet moment God gives us. What a sad thing to let sweet moments pass us by unremarked. You can't be thankful for something you didn't even notice!
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me of a line from "The Color Purple" that described a field full of purple flowers and how God must be put out at people who can drive by something so wondrously beautiful and not take notice of it.
ReplyDeleteThe downside of my being very able to appreciate a warm bed, a beautiful beach, or a place in the sun is that I'm grumpy as a wet cat when I'm hungry or uncomfortable.