Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Friendship

"Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our job and the dividing of our grief." Cicero's words are a blessing as I spend a few moments this Valentine's Day thinking about my friends and how they have far more than halved my grief. 

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will life up his companion. But woe to him who is alone with he falls, for he has no one to help him up" (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10). This verse also extols the value of friendship. 

Valentine's Day - these days - emphasizes romantic love; however, it is an important day to remember all the other forms of love out there - in my life I am very blessed by the love of God, the love between myself and my daughter, the love of my parents, the love I share with my furry family members, and the love of my friends. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for being a part of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your wonderful friendship, Nancy. And Happy St. Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete