I sit here, virtually empty of ideas, wondering why I ever made this Lenten promise to begin with when I have nothing to say. In my frustration - I've already lost one start on today's entry - I remember Romans 8:26:
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
Religions around the world have many non-verbal ways to reach out to the Divine. Dancing, drumming, singing, chanting - I've done them all and I've been taken up into something blissfully outside my own all too small intellect.
Perhaps these are the times when we should take a deep breath and simply listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This reminds me of one of my daily prayers. "Help me to see my real needs, which are concealed from me."
ReplyDeleteI think that's the beauty of the prayer, "Lord have mercy." This is the essence, I think, of prayer. For me anyway, mercy and grace are what I need, for when my heart and head are too small to grasp my very simple duty to love my fellow humans (a harder task than loving the other animals sometimes).
Tanya, that is a good idea, especially since I fear I often keep my focus on things that don't matter.
ReplyDelete