I was offered two on ground classes at the local university I wrote about in prior blogs. One class I had already turned down because i would be teaching in the valley when Dana got out of school. The other one would conflict with faculty meetings at the school where I work full time.
As always, turning down work unnerves me and a migraine is looming (it's bad news, I suppose, when dealing with a supervisor provokes migraines as predictably as too much cheap wine provokes a hangover). Still, it was HARD to write that email. I think perhaps that faith may be a gift but trust is like a muscle you strengthen through practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry, I made a typo and there's no way to edit!
ReplyDeleteThat's an awesome analogy, and you're right. Trust requires constant practice. It's not an easy thing at all.
It's tough to stand on the edge, trusting that you'll fly. But you will. :)
I'd flap my wings but I think I'm going to climb back into bed for a nap - which I can totally do since I work online and my classroom is available 24/7 :).
ReplyDelete