Thursday, April 5, 2012

Last Day of Lent

Of late, my migraines have gotten bad again. It is hard to be thankful for the pain aspect of this mixed blessing - especially when it's spring break for your daughter and you have a day full of planned outdoor activities in sunshine that's bright even through two pairs of sunglasses. But I am thankful. I got good reports during this morning's biometric screenings for work and the nurse thought it likely that I ate a very healthy diet. Perhaps some of us require a stick (and being hit in the head with it) rather than a carrot. Still and all, I'd really like to give the carrot approach a try.

Speaking of carrots - I remembered today that Maundy Thursday, not Holy Saturday, is the last day of Lent. Therefore, I have no more obligation after today to keep Lenten promises. I may still post here - or I may wait and make an Advent promise. I know for certain that my Food Journal - which resulted in no weight lost whatsoever - will bite the dust with my fervent thanks.

2 comments:

  1. You made it! Yippee!!

    I hope you have a blessed Easter, and that your migraines get better.

    ReplyDelete