Miss Rosie has always had a weight problem. Our three boys get an extra meal and still Miss Rosie is the one who is - as I'm sure she would say - pleasingly plump. The emphasis would be, naturally, on pleasingly.
Cats are beautiful creatures who are well aware that they are beautiful. They are also supremely comfortable in their own skin.
When I was younger I had no qualms about being nude - I knew my well-toned body fits society's standards of beauty. Now I'm older. To my mind I'm not at all pleasingly plump and although I'm in good health and active, I do not regard my body with anything approaching respect, satisfaction, or comfort.
I have to wonder if, all in all, I've spent far too much time obsessing about my waistline and far too little time reaching out to embrace the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment